Christopher M. Brown
Chris' primary practice areas are franchise, construction and surety litigation. He joined Quagliano & Seeger as a partner in 2006.
Chris has extensive experience counseling franchise clients in all aspects of litigation and contract disputes resulting from the distribution of products and services. These disputes commonly involve allegations of territorial encroachment, misrepresentation, fraud, civil conspiracy and anti-trust tying claims.
He maintains an active practice in various aspects of construction and surety bond law conducting claims litigation.
Chris has successfully represented sureties, contractors, owners, and manufacturers in their construction disputes in court proceedings and arbitrations.
Education:South Texas College of Law (J.D., 1990) The University of Texas at Austin (B.A., 1987)
Admitted to practice: 1990, Texas; 1991, U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas; 1994, U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas; 1995, U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit; 2006, applications pending for admission to the District of Columbia and Virginia
- Oncale v. Sundowner Offshore Services Inc., 83 Fd. 3d 118, 70 Fair Empl. Prac. Cas. (BNA) 1303, 68 Empl. Prac. Dec. P 44,062 (1996)
- Mantle v. Upper Deck Co., 956 F.Supp. 719 (1997)
- Carousel's Creamery, LLC v. Marble Slab Creamery, Inc., 134 S.W.3d 385(2004), review granted (2005)
- 1464-Eight, Ltd. V. Joppich, 154 S.W.3d 101, 48 Tex. Sup. Ct. J. 275 (2004)
- Universal Computer Systems, Inc. v. Dealer Solutions, LLC, 183 S.W.3d 741 (2005)